06 12 2016 2 47 41 PM

Insurance: the difference between PLPD and comprehensive coverages

06 12 2016 2 47 41 PM

Every car insurance policy written in the maritimes is obliged to, by law, cover a minimum amount of coverage and benefits. Every vehicle owner is minimally insured with what we commonly refer to as PLPD. These minimum benefits apply to all motor vehicles, whether it be an automobile, a motorcycle, a truck, a snowmobile or even an ATV.

Depending on the type of claim, insurance policies are divided into what they consider to be four sections:

1. Section “A”: This section is PLPD coverage, otherwise known as Public Liability and Property Damage. This is the most basic form of automobile insurance. It covers damage you caused to other people if you were at fault in an accident.

2. Section “B”: Section B claims are also commonly referred to as No-fault accident benefits. Coverage under Section B assists you with medical and treatment expenses.

3. Section “C”: This part of insurance coverage is in most part optional. Section C, also called comprehensive coverage, covers the cost of repairs on your car if it gets damaged, or pays for a replacement vehicle if the adjuster considers it to be a total write-off.

4. Section “D”: Commonly mistaken for Section A, Section D actually protects you if you are injured by an unknown or an uninsured driver.

Don’t get caught making the wrong decision. If you are in an accident and the second party is a fault, it isn’t always the right idea to accept compensation offered by their insurance company. We strongly recommend speaking to one of our lawyers for a free consultation, in order to assure you are receiving full compensation. Call us today: 1-800-606-2529

Similar Posts