Dole Canada is recalling certain salad kits under the Dole and President’s Choice brand due to possible Listeria contamination. The company is recalling the product nationally.
The recall issued by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) says that food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes may not look, or smell bad, but can still cause illness. Ingesting Listeria can cause vomiting, nausea, persistent fever, muscle aches, severe headaches, and neck stiffness. People who are elderly, immunocompromised, or pregnant are most at risk. Severe cases of the illness can lead to death.
Anyone who has the recalled salads in their home should throw them out, or return them to the location where they were purchased.
The recalled salads are as follows:
• Dole Garden Salad
• Dole Very Veggie
• Dole Greener Selection
• Dole American Blend
• Dole Asian Island Crunch Supreme Kit
• Dole Southwest Salad Supreme Kit
• Dole Chop Chop Kit – Peppercorn Ranch
• Dole Chop Chop Kit – Teriyaki Pineapple
• President’s Choice Garden Salad
• President’s Choice Mixed Greens
• President’s Choice Ranch Salad Kit
• President’s Choice Sesame Ginger Salad Kit
• President’s Choice Southwest Salad Kit
If you have or have consumed any of these salad kits, click here for further detail on identification codes and expiration dates.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency is conducting a food safety investigation. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated food recall warnings. Currently, the CFIA is verifying the removal of all recalled salad kits from the marketplace.