iStock 000062532450 Small

Applying for Section B Accident Benefits


Applying for benefits can be a stressful and overwhelming process. Don’t worry; we are here to help you.

Your accident benefits insurer will send you three forms:

1. Notice of Claim Form

Fill this Form out yourself and send it back to the insurance company right away.

2. Medical Form

This Form should be filled out by your family doctor. Make an appointment and take the Form with you. Have the doctor fill it out while you are there. Take the Form with you and send it back to the insurance company. The doctor may charge you a fee. Make sure your doctor writes down all his or her recommendations for treatment or medication. If your doctor wants you to stay off work for awhile, make sure that it is written on the Form as well.

1. Employer Form

If you are going to miss time from work, then you must get your employer to fill out this Form. Send it back to the insurance company right away.

6 Tips to avoid delays with payment for accident benefits

  1. Always send original documents to the insurance company and keep copies for yourself.
  2. If your doctor gives you a referral slip, make sure he or she writes on the slip it is due to the motor vehicle accident.
  3. Fill-out and return the Accident Benefits Forms as soon as possible.
  4. Submit all medical expenses to your private insurance plan before you submit them to your accident benefits insurer (the accident benefits insurer does not have to pay for things that are covered under your private medical plan).
  5. If your doctor is placing you off work, then his or her off-work note must give an estimate of the time you will be off, or at least when he or she will re-evaluate the ability to return to work.
  6. If you plan to apply for loss of income payments you must also apply for short term disability benefits (if applicable) or Employment Insurance Sickness Benefits (Call Service Canada – Toll Free 1-800-206-7218).

During your initial consultation, we will help you fill out the Accident Benefits application at no charge. CLG Injury Law has been helping clients who have suffered injuries from car accidents for over 28 years. Contact Us at 1-800-606-2529.

Similar Posts